Monday, November 17, 2008

New York City

Happened to be in the city this weekend for a little. I've never been in the village before, so I spent most of my time wandering the random streets in search of nothing in particular. Some images:

Getting ready for the Holidays.


This was one of the first stores I saw, then I realized what it was for. Fun logo, though.

We roasted our own coffee last weekend. This store looks like the perfect place to hone the craft. It smelled lovely, even outside.

I was meeting a friend or I would've eaten here right away. Fluffernutters for life.

There were two chess shops near each other. I'm a horrible player, but I love the different boards.

Unfortunately, I was too sleep deprived to fully appreciate The Strand in all it's glory.


I just want to know how hard it was to drag the piano into the subway.

I wish I had got the shot of the priest in full robes walking out of Barnes and Noble. It was such a great moment. Also, saw a bald eagle carrying it's prey on the trainride down the Hudson. Wandering any city is always my favorite part, moreso than shopping or museums or clubs.

No comments: