Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hello November

What a semester! I feel like  I'm really learning what it's like to be a designer. I'm juggling three major design projects along with two studio classes. Thank god I'm taking Beer and Wine Appreciation! It's nice to have a light course in the midst of everything else.  This is one of those semesters of setbacks. There've been a lot of restarts or near restarts, but I guess that's the best way to learn.

My mind is a bit overwhelmed at all that I am learning. A lot of it is happening outside of class. I've been working  as a shop moniter, but I spend most of my time learning to use all the equipment. Last week I plasma cut steel, this week a fellow worker and I made this:


It's a cabinet to hold all the beautiful new files for the lathe. Hopefully I'll come back in a few years to find it still in use. The shop is brand new this year. It's really fun to watch it come together. I also love that I finally know how to use almost everything in there. 

No comments: