Sunday, April 4, 2010

Across the Water

This blog has been on extended hold for quite some time. There are many reasons for this: shotty internet, writer's block, schoolwork, adventures. I think the last one might be the most important. I've been living in London since the end of January, spending a semester abroad. I tend to spend as much time as possible out of my flat. So, what am I doing instead?

Well, looking at art mostly. All major museums are free, meaning that anytime I want I can see:

This at the National Gallery:


Or walk across Hyde Park to see the Victory and Albert Galleries:


Or stop into the Courtauld and see some Impressionists:


Or make the trek down to the Imperial War Museum to see one of my favorite paintings, hidden in a back room on the 3rd floor:


Or, if I'm bored with indoors, I just mosey through Hyde Park and stare across the Serpantine:


There are some thoughts floating around in my head right now. They might start to formulate into cohesive paragraphs that might be written here. Only time will tell. For now, I'm off on more adventures.

No comments: