Friday, October 24, 2008

Intaglio First Assignment

I seem to always switch between entirely loving or entirely hating my projects. This was my first time doing any kind of etching, and I completely flubbed the aquatint (all the lovely background noise). At first, I hated how dark it ended up being. Once I got printing, though, I found that I liked the style more and more, much as it was not what I had envisioned. This happens a lot for me: what comes out is not always what the initial plan was, but seems to be a pretty good solution.

Also, a big thanks to my roomie Jess for helping out on the layout. She might do some more, but at least now there are some nice colors (Amelie palette via colour lovers).

Lastly, I really want this library and to go to the Netherlands and witness this
.

No comments: